Mister FPGATable of Contents
Mister FPGA is a fork of Mist for the Terasic DE10-Nano, a powerful FPGA board with 110K logic elements and an ARM processor. This project implements retro arcade games, consoles and microcomputers at hardware level. Those retro systems are implemented in FPGA exclusively, and the ARM part of the system is only used for the household duties like disk access and system updates through the network.
It is continuously improved by several FPGA developers, and its framework makes very easy to upgrade the system and update the cores thanks to the use of the minimal Linux distribution made by Sorgelig and the use of scripts.
- Building a SDRAM 128MB v2.9 that corrects design issues
- Power supply upgrade with more amps and better quality
- Mister VGA to SCART cable with proper CSYNC attenuation
- Mister USB HUB with VBUS control to connect gamepads and other devices
Where to buy
Although the project doesn't directly sell any hardware, there is a forum for sellers where you can purchase a complete build. But, since the project is free, you can build your own addons and bundle them with the Terasic DE10-Nano.
Due to high demand and the electronic component shortage the board is currently out of stock, although some users say you can buy directly from Terasic. This is a list of third party sellers:
- Terasic DE10-Nano in Mouser
- Terasic DE10-Nano in Digikey
- Terasic DE10-Nano in Arrow
- Terasic official distributors